Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Lessons from cricket !!

Lesson - We should focus our energy and efforts in facing challenges instead of finding reasons (read excuses). If the efforts are sincere than life will unfold beautifully.


Case Study 1.

Harbhajan Singh, the Indian off-spinner, insisted that crowd abuse and sledging from the Australians backfired, as it fired him up for better performance.

"None of it bothered me. There were a lot of unnecessary things spoken. It just made me stronger. I love challenges and though people were booing me, I tried to ignore it," he said.

Harbhajan's stats in CB Series final. (O M R W rpo)

1st Final:


Harbhajan Singh 10 0







38









2












3.80 (wkts - hayden, symonds)
2nd Final:

Harbhajan Singh 10 0





44






1








4.40








(wkt - symonds)

-----------------------------
-----------------------------

Case Study 2 .

Dec 2005 : In December 2005, Sourav Ganguly was dropped from the Indian cricket team.

20 June 2006: Sourav Ganguly in an interview -

Q. Is it just about runs, the reason you're not in the India side at the moment, because we hear a lot about differences of opinion with the selectors and with the coach Greg Chappell?

A. Well I don't know about that. I don't want to comment on that. I don't want to make an issue about that. All I can say is what is in my hands is to score runs and take wickets and I'd better concentrate on that.


YEAR 2007 - He scored 1106 Test runs at an average of 61.44 (with three centuries and four fifties) in 2007 to become the second highest rungetter in Test matches of that year after Jacques Kallis. He is the fifth highest rungetter in 2007 in ODIs,[17] where he scored 1240 runs at 44.28.

(2007 Stats from : http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=1;id=2007;type=year
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=2;id=2007;type=year
)

-----------------------------
-----------------------------

No comments: